It’s hard to believe that 10 years have gone by since I founded BPR. Yes, October 2003 was the beginning, and although the basic practice of PR is still the same, many things are different. We now have smart phones, social media, and apps (not just food!), and we rarely send anything by slow mail…goodbye physical press kits and invites. Everything is virtual!
Despite these changes, what has remained constant is our vision to generate quality publicity for quality products, and our favorite motto: “B Seen. B Heard. B Known.”
It’s hard to sum up 10 years, but here are “Top 10″ highlights:
1. Our first client, Revolution Tea, flew us out to Arizona for our first business meeting. What a thrill to be on our own and immediately on a mission!
3. We were asked to speak as a PR expert at industry seminars, including the International Foodservice & Restaurant Show of NY, NYSRA, and PR classes at The New School, City Tech and Parsons. We were also thrilled to be a part of the “I am NYSRA” ad campaign.
4. Participating in fabulous food and wine events, including Share of Strength, NYCWFF, City Harvest and The James Beard Foundation. Plus, traveling around the world to the Classic in Aspen, LAFW, SOBE, Feast Portland, Melbourne Food & Wine Festival, and more.
5. The food, but, of course! (Job perk!)
7. Working with award-winning chefs and personalities; trendy restaurants and long-standing institutions; amazing products; and memorable events, to achieve great media placements in print, webzines, TV and radio. We love the satisfaction of pleasing our clients and the “work high.”
8. Thank you notes, recommendations and acknowledgments by clients, colleagues and friends. You know who you are, and your support means everything.
10. Being a part of the NYC culinary/hospitality community, and developing friendships through work. We are grateful for this fabulous industry.
Thanks for being supportive of what we do! Here’s to another 10 years!